<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Contour Chronicles - MAC Harmony Blusher

Sunday 30 November 2014

Contour Chronicles - MAC Harmony Blusher

Hi Everyone!

As a fairer skinned girl, I do struggle to find a contour shade that doesn’t pull too orange toned or muddy. So I thought I’d run a Contour Chronicles series along side my Concealer Chronicles. Starting with MAC’s Harmony blusher.


As I’ve already said, I have fair skin but I think, when taking about any skin, undertone is also very important to note. I’ve yellow undertones; so don’t fall into the palest category, which mostly describes those with pinker undertones.


To keep consistency, I’m going to be using my MAC 168 brush on my face & the Real Techniques Duo-Fibe Eye Brush to contour my nose. If I’ve found a brush that I think creates a better result for the product in question I’ll be sure to let you know.


MAC describe this Harmony as a 'muted rose-beige brown'.



This blusher applies beautifully. It’s soft & buttery in texture & does not produce fallout. This shade is good for my paler skin – it shows up without looking heavy or unnatural.  It is a good neutral shade that leans very slightly on the warmer side. I find that if I use the Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Contour Brush instead of MAC’s 168 brush it picks up less product & allows me to apply the powder more lightly, giving me more control over the amount product I use. This in turn allows me to eliminate the extra warmth.


Products Used:
MAC Harmony Blusher
Nars Pure Radient Tinted Moisturiser in Finland
Maybelline Eraser Eyes Concealer in Light
B. Set Sheer Pressed Powder in Medium
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder in 01
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Eyeshadows from Vice 3 Palette (tutorial here)
GOSH White Eyeliner - no longer available & in my Project Pan
L'Oreal Super Liner in Black
Soap & Glory Brow Archery in Brownie Points
MUA Clear Mascara as brow gel
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara in Black
Bobbi Brown Blusher in Nude Pink
MAC MSF in Porcelain Pink
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 01 Personne Ne Rouge !

I don’t know why I prefer a cooler toned contour shade with my warm toned skin! Maybe it’s to do with me also being of a lighter complexion – who knows!

MAC’s Harmony blusher is £18, while the 168 brush & Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection are £27 & £23 respectively.

What product(s) & brush(s) do you use to contour with?


Tania Xx




Ingredients:
TALC, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, ZINC STEARATE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- SILICA, MICA, TITANIUMDIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTHOXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)].

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 30 November 2014 at 17:03 , Blogger Marina Rose said...

I like this blush on you. The contouring looks natural and suits you!

www.miouprincesslovespink.blogspot.gr

 
At 30 November 2014 at 21:45 , Blogger Heather Nixon said...

I usually use nyx taupe as a contour but this blush look great too x

Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

 
At 30 November 2014 at 21:50 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Marina! I loved it in the shop but was really disappointed when I got home. The shade has grown on me as I've gotten used to how best to use it! Xx

 
At 1 December 2014 at 09:18 , Blogger Unknown said...

I have this on my wishlist! I love the Sleek contour kits and the NYX matte bronzers for contouring!
xprincessjas | ♥

 
At 1 December 2014 at 13:01 , Blogger sophie said...

I'm super pale so I'll definitely have to give this a try!


Sophie x | sophhskii.co.uk

 
At 6 December 2014 at 21:47 , Blogger Jasmine Stewart said...

That's a great, natural shade for you - it can be a mission to find the perfect contour :) xx

Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

 
At 9 December 2014 at 21:01 , Blogger Tania said...

You've pre-empted a future post Heather! NYX Taupe is a lovely contour shade. I've swatched them all together for a round up too! I'll do my best to send you the link of my round up! Xx

 
At 9 December 2014 at 21:04 , Blogger Tania said...

Let me know what you think of it! I've the Sleek Contour Kit but am not sure whether it pulls too warm. It's on my list of products to feature in this series. I've not tried any of the NYX bronzers. I've just found a store that carries a small number of NYX products - I'll have to keep my eye out for it! Xx

 
At 9 December 2014 at 21:07 , Blogger Tania said...

It's definitely worth swatching in store & asking to try it! Do go out into daylight to check it's right for you though as I didn't & regretted it initially. Xx

 
At 9 December 2014 at 21:09 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks! I wasn't convinced initially. I know what you mean about finding the perfect shade - contour & brow products are my nemeses! Xx

 
At 27 January 2015 at 11:39 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this blush. It is perfect for contouring

-xx

 
At 3 February 2015 at 23:08 , Blogger Tania said...

It is lovely, isn't it! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home