<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Concealer Chronicles - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Eye Concealer

Sunday 23 November 2014

Concealer Chronicles - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Eye Concealer

Hi Everyone!

It’s been a while since I posted my first in my Concealer Chronicles series, looking at the Estée Lauder Disapear Smoothing Cream Concealer. So I thought it was high time for part two!


I always like to preface reviews with my own personal physiology – I have inherited my Grandad’s darkness under the eyes, which are also dry. I use the La Roche-Posay Hydrating Eye Cream at night, which I have found really helps this dryness.

The Maybelline Instant Anti-age Eraser Eye concealer only comes in 2 shades in the UK, Nude & Light. I have the shade in the shade Light. This concealer can be purchased from Boots, Superdrug & most supermarkets for £7.99. You can often pick this up in 3 for 2 offers, so that’s worth looking out for.


The concealer is applied directly using its sponge applicator. I then use my ring finger to blend. I’ve heard a lot of people saying that they don’t like the sponge applicator & that they remove it. I rather like it though as it makes my ‘makeup-on-the-go’ (literally putting my makeup on in the car!) days simpler. Personally, I have nothing against the applicator. I find that it evenly distributes product & is easy to use.

Before showing you the pics, I must apologise for the lighting - I've been putting off writing this post as, with the fatigue I am experiencing at the moment, it has not been possible to wear & photograph the concealer as I'd like & did in the Estée Lauder post. You've all been so supportive & understanding that I thought you'd rather have what I can manage than have me push myself too much. Sorry - off on a tangent!


Initial application

The slightly dryer (though still fine for use on my under eye area) formula helps the longevity of the conceler – even without powder I can last a full day without creasing & only minimal lines becoming evident!

End of the day (between 6-8 hours later)


So you can see by comparing these two pics that there is little difference between the wear of the concealer from the start to the end of the day.

I only apply this concealer under the eyes. It is too dark to take it down to create that highlighted Kim K look – the shade Light is very yellow (even for my skin tone!) & it wouldn’t look right!

So, I would give this concealer a 4/5:
The price is good, it blends well & stays put throughout the day. However, two shades is not enough for the vast array of skin tones in this country. 

I hope you have found this helpful – I’m looking forward to putting together the next instalment for you all!

Have  you tried this concealer? If so what did you think?
What are your concealer recommendations?


Tania Xx


Ingredients:
WATER / AQUA, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, ACRYLATES CO-POLYMER, BEHENETH-30, PHENOXYETHANOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, AMINO-METHYL PROPANOL, SIMETHICONE, TOCOPHEROL, SORBITAN LAURATE, SORBI-TAN PALMITATE, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, SORBITAN TRIOLEATE, SUCROSE PALMITATE, MAY CONTAIN [+/- BLACK 2 / CI 77266] FIL B41641/1

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 24 November 2014 at 23:29 , Blogger Little Fickle said...

I keep meaning to pick one of these up to give it a try, however I wasn't aware only two shades were available?! Seems a little silly. I'll definitely have to have a test to see if it's too yellow for me before splashing out, I think!

Sammy xo.

littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

 
At 26 November 2014 at 12:21 , Blogger Tania said...

I completely agree with you Sam - I initially thought that they only bought the two shades out in the UK to test the waters as to how it would sell & bring the other shades (available in the US) out subsequently. I believe there are six shades available in the US. There's always the option to purchase from eBay, but then you can't swatch products & can't guarantee the products are genuine (& are the shade they're supposed to be!)! Let me know if you do pick it up & what you think! Xx

 
At 17 March 2015 at 23:44 , Blogger Unknown said...

I really want to give this a go and I am in desperate need of a concealer for my eye bags but I hate it when the colour range just doesn't cut it AND I am SO pale xxx

 
At 20 March 2015 at 15:24 , Blogger Tania said...

I completely agree Jessica! It's such a good concealer too. A friend in the US is sending me the 'brightening' shade - I'm hoping that this will be a better shade. If it is I'll definitely be getting more from eBay! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home