<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Ingredient Elimination #2

Monday 18 May 2015

Ingredient Elimination #2

Hi Everyone!

As you may have noticed by my layout re-design, I am making more of a feature of the allergy element that my blog is aiming to navigate. I really feel that this has centred my focus. So today I wanted to bring you another post of this nature, the second in my ingredients elimination series. I f you haven’t read it, or want to re-familiarise yourself with it, you can find it here.


We will use the end point of the previous post; the ingredients found in the e.l.f. Glossy Gloss in Ballet Slippers but not in the Maybelline Colour Elixirs as out starting point.

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Octyl Palmitate, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methlyparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No. 6 Lake (CI 15850).

I recently reviewed the Rimmel Oh My Gloss! lip glosses & we will use these ingredients for today’s post.

Ingredients:
Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Paraffium Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphilogopite, Ethyhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil Methylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tin Oxide, Linalool, BHT, Hydroxycitronellal, Hexyl Cinnamal, [May Contain/+/-:Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), D&C Red No. 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 27 Aluminium Lake (CI 45410), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), FD&C Yellow No. 5 Alluminium Lake (CI 19140), D&C Red No. 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850).

From this, we’ll take out the ingredients found in the Rimmel Oh My Gloss! lip glosses from the first set of ingredients to narrow down our search, leaving us with the potential allergens.

Octyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Red No. 6 Lake (CI 15850).

You’ll notice that CI 15850 appears in both the Rimmel Oh My Gloss! ingredients & the potential allergens lists. This is because in the Rimmel ingredients, it is noted as being ‘D&C Red No. 7 Calcium Lake’ & in the potential allergens if is ‘Red No. 6 Lake. I am therefore leaving this ingredient in as a potential allergen as I don’t know enough about the scientific makeup to be able to tell whether these are the same or different (though I’m leaning toward them being different, otherwise they’d have the same description surely???).

Are you allergic to any makeup items?
Have you been able to pinpoint the suspect ingredient?

Tania Xx

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home