<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: My Skincare Saviours

Monday 27 April 2015

My Skincare Saviours

Hi Everyone!

I’ve been meaning to write this post for a long time. You might have noticed if you’ve watched some of my empties videos that I very rarely include skincare, haircare and bodycare products. This is because I stick to things I know because of my allergies.

My plan is to have posts on my favourite products from each of these categories that I might be able to link below my empties videos rather than constantly telling you about the same products!


Just as a preface; I have dry, eczema prone skin & a LOT of allergies!

Let’s take these by brand…

My love for La Roche-Posay came about during the period when Clarins were reformulating their HydraQuench moisturiser (£35 for 50ml). It was impossible to get this cream ANYWHERE, so I had to find an alternative. I tried a few things that just didn’t work for me & then stumbled upon the La Roche-Posay Hydraphase line. I picked up the Hydraphase Intensive UV Intensive Light moisturiser (£16.50 for 50ml) & have never looked back! This moisturiser, though thinner in texture does a similar job to the Clarins moisturiser at a fraction of the price!


I’d been on the hunt for an eye cream for a long time. My under eye area gets very dry &, having fallen in love with the Hydraphase moisturiser, it made sense for me to pick up the eye cream (£15 for 15ml) from this line too! Wow, the difference this made to the texture under my eyes & the way my concealer sat was amazing! This cream is good for the eyelid too. 

I never felt that my cleanser was quite right. Having had such success with the moisturiser & eye cream, I picked up the Physiological Cleansing Milk (£12 for 200ml), again from the Hydraphase line. This made a big difference to how soft & hydrated my skin felt.

La Roche-Posay can be purchased from Boots stores & Boots.com.

I had enjoyed a Lancome Bi-Facil Makeup Remover sample, but not to the point where I wanted to pay £21.50! I was on the hunt of an alternative & noticed L’Oreal’s Absolute Eye & Lip Makeup Remover, which is also a dual product that requires shaking. I was trying to steer clear of this aspect as the motion of shaking/tilting the bottle causes my hand, wrist & elbow problems. Next to it though was their Gentle Eye Make-up Remover (£3.49 for 125ml). I actually found this remover to be better than Lancome’s offering!


When micellar waters became popular I decided it was a step that I should add in to my routine & went with L’Oreal’s version (£4.99 for 200ml) as I’d gotten on well with their makeup remover. It was also the brand that used the fewest ingredients, making it statistically less likely for me to have a reaction to. I haven’t tried any other micellar waters, which I think goes to show how well I get on with this one!

Each of these products is aimed at those with dry &/or sensitive skin & can be purchased from Boots, Superdrug & most supermarkets.

You may have read all about my issues with makeup wipes & ingredients. If not (& you want to!) you can read all about it here. I’m happy to say that I have finally found some that work for me! These are the Superdrug Cleansing Facial Wipes for Normal Skin (the dry version contains almond oil, a common allergen). These wipes remove my makeup easily without tugging my skin & feel moisturising rather than dry. 


These can be purchased from Superdrug.

So there are my everyday skincare products! I’ll have another post/video containing products I use on a weekly basis.

Have you used any of these products? If so, what were/are your thoughts?
What are some of your everyday skincare essentials?

Tania Xx


La Roche-Posay Hydraphase UV Intense Light
Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER, OCTOCRYLENE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, HOMOSALATE, DIMETHICONE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, ALUMINIUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, SUCROSE TRISTERATE, POLYMETHYSILSEQUIOXANE, POLYSORBATE 61, PEG-12 DIMETHICONE, CARBOMER, TRITHANOMINE, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM HYLURONATE, SODIUM STEROYL GLUTAMATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HYDROLYZED HYLURONIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, XANTHAN GUM, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE. 

La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Eye Cream
Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER, GLYCERINE, CARBOMER, GLYCERINE SOJA PROTEIN/SOYABEAN PROTEIN, CAFFEINE, ISOHEXADECANE, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, HYDROLYZED HYALURONIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 80, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE.

La Roche-Posay Physiological Cleansing Milk
Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ISOHEXADECANE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL, GLYCERIN, CETERETH-25, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, POLYMER 184, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 80, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, MYRTRIMONIUM BROMIDE, PARAFUM/FRAGRANCE.

L’Oreal Paris Gentle Make-Up Remover Eye
Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ALLANTOIN, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, SODIUM LAURETH-8 SULFATE, SODIUM OLETH SULFATE, MAGNESIUM LAURETH SULFATE, MAGNESIUM LAURETH-8 SULFATE, MAGNESIUM OLETH SULFATE, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORHEXIDINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE, GERANIOL, CITRANELLOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE.

L’oread Skin Perfection Micellar Water
Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, POLOXAMER 184, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANDIDE.

Superdrug Cleansing Facial Wipes For Normal Skin
Ingredients:

AQUA, CETEARYL ISONONANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CARBOMER, COCO GLUCOSIDE, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA WATER, PANTHENOL 9PRO-VITAMIN B5), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), ZINC GLUCONATE, MAGNESIUM ASPARTATE, COPPER GLUCONATE, GLYCERINE, PARFUM, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM GLUCONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, BENZOIC ACID.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 29 April 2015 at 21:31 , Blogger Holly said...

I've heard really good things about the la roche-posay range; it's always so good to find skincare that really works for you :) I use the super drug vitamin e range and I really really love that.
Love Holly x

www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 29 April 2015 at 22:09 , Blogger Tania said...

I love the brand & would probably use more of their products (I want to try the micellar water) if it weren't for the price. I can manage 1/2 mid-range & 1/2 drugstore, but haven't got the pennies to maintain an expensive routine so have gone for the products I felt would most benefit my skin! I've a feeling I can't use Superdrug's vitamin e range - I think it's got wheat/nuts in. Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home