<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Blush Addict TAG

Thursday 14 May 2015

Blush Addict TAG

Hi Everyone!

I was instantly drawn in to reading Magpie Jasmin’s Blush Addict TAG &, though not tagged personally, couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share my love of blusher with you!


What colour blush suits you most?
I always gravitate toward pastel pink shades, they seem to be most complimentary on my skin tone. Those & dusty rose shades in the colder months.

Pressed, cream or loose blush?
I like both pressed & cream formulas, though I have more pressed as these have a longer shelf life. I’ve never used a loose blusher before. I only have 2 loose products in my whole collection as I find them messy, particularly with my clumsy tendencies!

Favourite shimmery blush?
I love Benefit’s Coralista blusher - I get most wear out of this in the summer. It gives just the right amount of shimmer, catching the light beautifully & illuminating the skin. The shimmer particles are small enough that it doesn’t look over the top.


Favourite matte blush?
I would never have said this before writing this post, but I actually have quite a few favourites! Bobbi Brown’s Nude Pink would be my pick of the pastel pink shades. I really love their blusher in Slopes too - it’s a great shade for giving definition to the face, as is Benefit’s Dallas. Fitting for my love of Nars blushes, I also have a soft spot for Zen. Who knew I had such a love for matte blushes!

Favourite cream blush?
The cream blusher I will always hold dear to my heart would have to be Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks in Powder Pink, as this was the blusher I wore on my wedding day! Nars' Penny Lane is my go to neutral cream shadow. Unfortunately, it seems that this product has been phased out. There are some great drugstore options though - Bourjois’ Cream Blush in No.s 2; Healthy Glow & 3; Rose Tender are my personal favourites!

Favourite drugstore blush?
This has to go to Makeup Revolution’s I Heart Makeup ***Blushing Hearts in Candy Queen Of Hearts***. I’d had my eyes on the Too Faced version for the longest time but didn’t know how I’d like the three strips of colour in one blusher. I picked this one up to try & fell in love immediately!


Favourite high-end blush?
I think this would have to go to Nars, particularly their palettes as you get more for your money!

Favourite bright blush?
I’m not a huge fan of bright blushes, so I’m sure you won’t be shocked to learn that my favourite bright shade comes in cream form. Urban Decay recently launched their new blusher line, which includes the shade Bang. Prior to this they had a range of cream blushes, which included this shade. I like that I can sheer our the colour, but it still make my face look alive! This is a great summer shade & the cream formula means it’s easy to reapply every time I top up on my suncream.

Biggest blush disappointment?
I think this has to go to Nars’ Orgasm. I don’t think I would be as disappointed if there wasn’t so much hype around this blusher. It also seems to be in almost every palette Nars brings our - meaning I have duplicates of a blusher that I’m just not in love with! You can probably tell that this just adds to my frustration!


Best blush packaging?
I think I’d have to go for the MAC holiday collections with their quirky & uniqueness, as well as the cuteness of Benefit & I Heart Makeup’s packaging.

What’s on your blush wishlist?
What isn’t!?! In no particular order:
  • Makeup Revolution’s Cream palette
  • Urban Decay’s Afterglow Blush in Bittersweet (not sure if it would suit me), Rapture & Fetish
  • Charlotte Tilbury's Beach Stick & Cheek to Chic blushes
  • Stila’s Convertible Colour Lip & Cheek Stain in Peony
  • Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks in Calypso Coral
  • Illamasqua’s Blusher in Katie
  • Nars’ Madly
  • Becca’s Beach Tint & Mineral Blush
  • MAC’s Modern Mandarin
  • Laura Mercier’s Second Skin Cheek Colour (I’ve heard they’re lovely!)
  • Clinique’s Sculptionary Cheek Contouring Palette (I don’t know which one - they all look lovely!)
  • Clinique’s Cheek Pops
  • Urban Decay’s Naked Flushed Palette in Strip (only one I don’t have)
  • MAC’s Mineralized Blush in Gentle, Dainty, Love Joy & Petal Power
  • Nars’ Dual Intensity Blush (I’m thinking they’ll bring these out in a palette so am holding off on purchasing)
I’m actually headed to Birmingham today for Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup’s event at Selfridges so who knows what I might pick up while I’m there! Keep your eyes peeled for a haul!


No.1 holy grail blush?
Benefit’s Hervana. This combination of peach, pink, lilac & a creamy highlight when swirled together create a glowing look - this blusher makes me look healthy & goes with almost everything!

Ok, so I tag Gemma from Miss Makeup Magpie, Sarah from and beauty or something, Ting from The Ting Thing & Vanessa from The Other VW.

What are some of your favourite blushes?


Tania Xx

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 14 May 2015 at 19:06 , Blogger Abril Ponce said...

you have a huge selection i love the heart one
x,Abril

The Color Palette

 
At 14 May 2015 at 22:04 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the tag! I'll have to dig through my blush collection! x

 
At 15 May 2015 at 14:28 , Blogger D said...

Is it bad that I don't own even 1 blush?! ahaha I used to have a few years ago but have cut down more and more on the make up I wear. I really fancy buying a new blush now though! :P

- Danielle xo
underlandtowonderland.com

 
At 15 May 2015 at 23:16 , Blogger Tania said...

I really do! I think blusher has become one of my favourite makeup items. I have very few face products, but blushers, particularly powders, are a category I love to have a variety of. As long as they aren't the same colour! Xx

 
At 15 May 2015 at 23:17 , Blogger Tania said...

Yay! Can't wait to see yours! Xx

 
At 15 May 2015 at 23:19 , Blogger Tania said...

Not at all! I'm sure I have only one or two items at most in a category where you have many - it's all personal preference at the end of the day. I highly recommend the cream blushes from Bourjois, the I Heart Makeup heart blushes &, my newest discovery, the MaxFactor Creme Puff blushes! Xx

 
At 16 May 2015 at 09:50 , Blogger Gemma Etc. said...

Such a great tag! I am so indecisive, I don't think I'd be able to answer some of them haha :D I love the look of NARS Penny Lane xx

 
At 18 May 2015 at 20:40 , Blogger Tania said...

I had difficulty & cheated! I think there's an unwritten rule that you can cheat for one answer of every tag! Penny Lane is beautiful, perfect for all occasions! Xx

 
At 22 May 2015 at 14:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this. I've just picked up a UD blush in Obsessed and it's beautiful. Nars Madly is one of my faves, as is Dolce Vita and I can't stop wearing Illamasqua Naked Rose, worn it nonstop for three weeks. Can't wait for the new Clinique Cheek Pop colours to launch over here!

Sarah x

 
At 24 May 2015 at 14:00 , Blogger Honeypot Blogs said...

Ah so many beautiful blushes!! I tend to choose blushers that have a bit of shimmer in them, I love a bit of shimmer! Really great post!!xx

Honeypot Blogs

 
At 24 May 2015 at 16:46 , Blogger Tania said...

Ooo... That one's a very me colour! I need to get Illamasqua's Naked Rose - it's the shade everyone recommends! Yes - I love the look of some of the Cheek Pops. You'll have to let me know if you pick any up & which shades you get! Xx

 
At 24 May 2015 at 16:55 , Blogger Tania said...

I prefer blushes with a little shimmer - they give a healthy glow! Really pleased you enjoyed it! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home