<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Why The Fashion Blogger In Me Stays In Me

Monday 12 January 2015

Why The Fashion Blogger In Me Stays In Me

Hi Everyone!

So today’s post is quite a personal, reflective one.

As a fashion, beauty & lifestyle blogger, I am very much lacking in fashion posts. I have a grand total of 3. One of these I am considering removing from my blog because it isn’t of a quality I’m happy with. This leads me on to the topic of today’s post – ‘Why The Fashion Blogger In Me Stays In Me’.

I pride myself on being able to colour co-ordinate & pull outfits together. Yes, everyone makes faux pas with their outfits but in general I think I do pretty well. I don’t, however, consider myself to be very fashion forward. When photographed I often feel that I look awkward. I find fault in every photo of myself. This is probably because I look at each individual element of the photo & not the bigger picture. If I changed each of the ‘flaws’ I see the overall pic would most likely look extremely odd & fake.


This, along with my dislike of the additional 2st 7lb my body is carrying round because of my medication, does not make for a happy fblogger!

Whilst I can write (well, type!) this all logically & with complete honesty, it doesn’t compute in my brain! I find it really hard to see myself as others do.

4½ years ago I was underweight by 1½st (once again medication related!)! It was frightening. I looked ill & was still awkward in pictures. It was the only time in my life where I had a completely flat stomach & ‘thigh gap’. That’s not how my body is designed! I knew I would put weight on when I came off the meds & that I had to make sure I didn’t end up with a distorted body image.

I began to become unhappy with my weigh when I hit the 9½st mark. I would tell people that I was ok with the weight gain but I wasn’t. The heaviest I got to was 11st 11lb. I wouldn’t buy clothes because I didn’t want to accept it. Shopping was soul destroying.

I’m going off on a tangent now, so back to the topic in hand:

It’s a confidence thing. Since leaving my retail job I’ve been much happier & more confident. I’ve more energy to exercise & am not using sugar & caffeine to combat fatigue as much. My IBS has improved as a result of these factors. That also has had positive impact on my confidence.

So, moving forward I will be including more fashion posts. I’m intending to purchase a camera & tripod so will then not need to rely on the help of friends & family to take pics. I’m going to attempt to take outfit pics when I go on holiday in March & am working to tone up to help myself feel more confident on the beach!

Thank you if you’ve managed to get to this point in my ramblings!

Do you have any tips on self-confidence, toning up or posing? I’d love to know!


Tania Xx

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 22 January 2015 at 20:24 , Blogger mummyandthebubbas said...

I totally understand how you feel. Falling pregnant last year I gained 4stone and my whole body changed again (I had a child previously) and my confidence was low. However I have learnt to love my body, I am currently on a weightlost journey and already have lost over 1.5 stone but have a long way to go. I too have written ootd post showing my body which gave me more confidence. Remember love yourself and love your body always bigger or smaller. Think about the things you love about yourself and the bits you would like to improve on, improve on but love your body always x

 
At 23 January 2015 at 13:13 , Blogger Tania said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story with me & for the inspirational words of encouragement! They couldn't have come at a better time! Dan & I are going on holiday in March before I start coming off my meds so we can try for a baby. We'll be doing something water related every day. I ordered a few high waisted bikini bottoms that made my tummy (one of the areas I really feel the weight has hit, not helped by the bloating my IBS causes) look HUGE!!!! Then the tops didn't fit & I just went into melt down. I'd had a bad morning health wise, which I know won't have helped. What frustrated me more was that I know the weight'll just fall off as I come off one of the meds! You've done amazingly well & are so right! At the end of the day, these meds have given me my life back, what's a bit of a wobbly tummy & slightly thicker thighs! I've only ever had a washboard stomach & thigh gap when I was underweight because of a different medication, so they're not normal for me anyway! I need to be realistic &, as you say, learn to love my body! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home