<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: How Much Harm Could A Bottle Of Water Cause???

Friday 16 January 2015

How Much Harm Could A Bottle Of Water Cause???

Hi Everyone!

As you may be aware, I have recently been diagnosed with EDS-Hypermobility Type/Hypermobility Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder. I do plan to write a little more on this, but for now, please do check out my lovely friend Chloe’s video 'Hypermobility Syndrome/Living With Chronic Illness' to learn more.

I was walking down the road on my way to work last week, rucksack (light) on my back & a (750ml) bottle of water in my hand when I dropped my water bottle. This event shouldn’t have been of any significance but it was.


I don’t know which was the cause & which the affect, but as I dropped my bottle of water I felt a sharp shooting pain in my shoulder. As this pain moved into my neck, I debated turning round & going home. I didn’t know how I would get through a day of teaching in the amount of pain I was in.

Whilst walking to the train station the pain continued & moved into my neck. By the time I reached my first school my shoulder, neck & upper back were in significant pain. I sit at reception for about ½ an hour because of the train timetable & the music practice room being in use when I arrive. As I was sitting there I was still debating going home. Somehow I made it through the day, but by the time I reached home I was unable to lift my arm above shoulder height.

I’m sat writing this 6 days later & though the pain is reduced, it has been constant. I’m teaching today & tomorrow, which makes it difficult to rest. The thing that really gets me though was that it was a water bottle! A WATER BOTTLE!!!!! Seriously!?!

Only an EDSer could do something like that!

Have you suffered any injuries that seem so ridiculous they could only happen to someone with a medical condition?


Tania Xx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home