<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow Palette - Overview & Swatches

Monday 2 February 2015

NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow Palette - Overview & Swatches

Hi Everyone!

I was lucky enough to be able to get my hands on the NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow palette when it became available on their website. It was released on the Monday & was out of stock by the afternoon. The same thing happened the following day. I was able to order it the Wednesday morning before yet again, it went out of stock. I’m not sure why the palette keeps going in & out of stock, I’m wondering whether it is to try to gain additional hype around the product prior to it’s release on counter.



I’ve wanted to try the Dual Intensity Eyeshadows since they were first released as singles. I stopped myself, as I couldn’t justify the price of £21 for just one shadow. Palettes however, are my thing! I like that, with a palette, you get variety & can (for the most part) create looks without the need for other eyeshadows. When I heard that NARS were releasing a palette of the Dual Intensity Eyeshadows I knew it HAD to be mine!

Priced at £45 (plus £7 for shipping!!!!), the palette contains 6 shadows, each of which contains 0.03oz compared to the 0.05oz of a single shadow. If you were to buy six of the Dual Intensity shadows at 0.03oz it would cost you £75.60 so the palette saves you a massive £30.60!!!! Plus, you get a travel sized #49 brush with the palette for wet & dry application.



The mirrored casing isn’t to my taste - because of my photosensitivity, I have to be careful of reflective surfaces, which will make using this palette less than ideal for me. I'm also less than keen on the way the palette has been put together - the pattern on the middle four shadows forms a square, but the two shadows flanking each side feel to me as though they don't belong. Silly I know, but I feel that the left four shadows & the right four shadows could make two squared patterns. I'm probably overthinking things! I do like that the names of the shadows are printed on the back of the palette, something NARS haven't always done in the past.



Anyway, I thought I’d show you some swatches of the palette, which can be used wet or dry. The palette contains five permanent & one limited edition (Ursa Major) shades.

Dry swatches
Top L-R: Europa, Himalia, Ursa Major (LE), Subra
Bottom L-R: Andromeda, Lysithea, Giove, Syncorax

Top - Dry Swatches L-R: Europa, Himalia, Ursa Major (LE), Subra
Bottom - Wet Swatches L-R: Europa, Himalia, Ursa Major (LE), Subra

Top - Dry Swatches L-R: Andromeda, Lysithea, Giove, Syncorax
Bottom - Wet Swatches: Andromeda, Lysithea, Giove, Syncorax

I did find that, on removing the swatches from my arm with a makeup wipe – what I would normally use to remove my eye makeup, Giove & Sycorax smudged around my arm a bit & took more effort to remove, but certainly nothing to put me off using them! 

I’m really excited to have a look for you up on my YouTube channel!

Have you tried the Dual Intensity Eyeshadows? What do you think of them?
Will you be picking up this palette?

Tania Xx


EUROPA
INGREDIENTS: NYLON-12, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ZINC STEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 MYRISTATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SORBITAN ISOSTERATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DIISOSTEAROYL POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIMER DILINOLEATE, POLYSORBATE 20, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, TIN OXIDE, CARRAGEENAN, XANTHAN GUM, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499)].

HIMALIA
INGREDIENTS: GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, NYLON-12, POLYGLYCERYL-10 MYRISTATE, ZINC STEARATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SORBITAN ISOSTERATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, DIISOSTEAROYL POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIMER DILINOLEATE, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, PEG-100 STEARATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CARRAGEENAN, XANTHAN GUM, TIN OXIDE, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499)].

URSA MAJOR
INGREDIENTS: DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 MYRISTATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SORBITAN ISOSTERATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DIISOSTEAROYL POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIMER DILINOLEATE, POLYSORBATE 20, PEG-100 STEARATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CARRAGEENAN, XANTHAN GUM, TIN OXIDE, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499)].

SUBRA
INGREDIENTS: GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, NYLON-12, ZINC STEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 MYRISTATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SORBITAN ISOSTERATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DIISOSTEAROYL POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIMER DILINOLEATE, POLYSORBATE 20, PEG-100 STEARATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CARRAGEENAN, XANTHAN GUM, TIN OXIDE, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499)].

SYCORAX
INGREDIENTS: CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, NYLON-12, ZINC STEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 MYRISTATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SORBITAN ISOSTERATE, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, DIISOSTEAROYL POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIMER DILINOLEATE, POLYSORBATE 20, PEG-100 STEARATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CARRAGEENAN, XANTHAN GUM, TIN OXIDE, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499)].

GIOVE
INGREDIENTS: NYLON-12, GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 MYRISTATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SORBITAN ISOSTERATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DIISOSTEAROYL POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIMER DILINOLEATE, POLYSORBATE 20, DIMETHICONE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, CARRAGEENAN, XANTHAN GUM, TIN OXIDE, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].

LYSITHEA
INGREDIENTS: CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, GLYCERIN, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SQUALANE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STERATE, SILICA, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CARRAGEENAN, XANTHAN GUM, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TIN OXIDE, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), ALLUMINIUM POWDER (CI 77000)].

ANDROMEDA

INGREDIENTS: DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 MYRISTATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SORBITAN ISOSTERATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DIISOSTEAROYL POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIMER DILINOLEATE, POLYSORBATE 20, PEG-100 STEARATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, TIN OXIDE, CARRAGEENAN, XANTHAN GUM, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), ALLUMINIUM POWDER (CI 77000)].

Ingredients correct at time of posting.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2 February 2015 at 15:56 , Blogger Expat make up addict said...

It's terribly frustrating the way NARS Uk have dealt with their orders-I am quite shocked to read that you placed your order on Wednesday and have received the palette whereas I, and a couple of blooger friends placed our orders on the Monday morning when it launched and ours still havent even been dispatched and we have been given zero information from NARS despite us all complaining.

I have actually ordered mine from Selfridges now and have cancelled my order with NARS-I will never ever order from them again!

Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

 
At 2 February 2015 at 21:41 , Blogger Tania said...

I think this is EXTREMELY poor on NARS' part! How do they expect to keep their customers if they treat people like this!?! This has got me rather cross - yes, I'm excited I have the palette, but for me it takes away some of the excitement knowing that people who ordered before me haven't even had their orders dispatched! It should be first come, first served!

I'm glad you've ordered from Selfridges. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I too, will not be ordering from NARS in the future. Xx

 
At 23 February 2015 at 13:09 , Blogger Unknown said...

The top row of the palette has some gorgeous shades!
xprincessjas | ♥

 
At 26 February 2015 at 21:22 , Blogger Tania said...

I agree Jasmine, I think the top row +Andromeda are my favs, or at least the ones I'll get the most use out of! Xx

 
At 7 March 2015 at 11:35 , Blogger Nikki LLL Blog said...

Ahh those top four colours are so fab <3 They swatch so beautifully on your arm as well :} xx

 
At 15 March 2015 at 14:46 , Blogger Tania said...

They are gorgeous! I still can't get over how beautifully they work both wet & dry - I've never seen anything like it! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home