<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Holy Grail Mascara – Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara Review

Sunday 12 October 2014

Holy Grail Mascara – Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara Review

Hi Everyone!

I’ve been searching for my holy grail mascara since I started wearing makeup at the age of 13! 15 years later, I’ve finally found it. The only problem is that it costs a whopping £24.50!!!!!!!

Having previously loved Dior’s New Look mascara which I've reviewed here & their Iconic mascara, I was eager to try the Iconic Overcurl as soon as it launched! The price held me back, until at last I decided to treat myself.


Something worth noting before I dive into my little review is that different mascaras suit different lash ‘types’. I, for example, have fairly long lashes that are straight. I like my lashes to look curled, long & dark to show through my precision tinted lenses & bring my eyes out.

I first tried the Iconic Overcurl mascara while shopping with a friend. I had one coat of mascara applied onto my lashes by a lovely lady on the Dior counter in Debenhams. What surprised me the most & convinced me to make a purchase was that with one coat of the mascara applied to my uncurled lashes looked as good as they do with two coats of my normal mascara applied on curled lashes!!!

One coat of mascara on the top lashes

Two coats of mascara on the top lashes & one on the bottom

The Overcurl mascara removes easily with a makeup wipe so there is no pulling around the eye area & loss of eyelashes that sometimes occurs with mascara.

Don’t get me wrong, this mascara delivers on an epic scale, but for the price, it’s definitely a mascara I’ll only be purchasing when I have an event to attend! I’ve a holiday in 2015 & I’ll definitely be trying the waterproof version in store to see how easy it is to remove, something I find difficult with many waterproof mascaras.

What is your holy grail mascara? I'd love some suggestions both drugstore & high end!
What's the most you'd pay for a mascara?

Tania Xx

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 14 October 2014 at 20:39 , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a great mascara! Nice review :)
www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 14 October 2014 at 22:07 , Blogger Tania said...

Thanks Alex! I'm hoping to try the waterproof this week - hope it's as good as the standard version! Xx

 
At 15 October 2014 at 01:40 , Blogger Hollie Becca said...

ah this sounds great!
Although my eyelashes are pretty much non existent! they are super short and I'm very fair which means you can hardly see them!
Still on the hunt for my holy grail mascara xx

 
At 16 October 2014 at 10:36 , Blogger Unknown said...

it does make your eyes look incredible so i'd say it's worth the cash - how much will it cost per year, really?

becky :: accooohtrements.wordpress.com

 
At 17 October 2014 at 12:59 , Blogger Tania said...

It's unbelievably tough to find a holy grail mascara isn't it!?! I find it frustrating that my sister can make any mascara work for her! I think it's all about the type of lashes you've got - some have got them & some haven't (like me!). Mascara can only do so much! :( Xx

 
At 17 October 2014 at 13:13 , Blogger Tania said...

I do love the look the mascara gives, especially as I have to wear precision tinted lenses so it's even more important for me to bring my eyes out. I think it all depends on your financial state as to whether the mascara is worth buying on a regular basis, as well as how much you will use it.

Assuming each mascara lasts 3 months, that's £98 for 4 mascaras. For £98, I could buy 19 of my favourite drugstore/highstreet mascaras & still have change! I wear makeup 4 days of the week max. at the moment. I will be starting a family in the near future so am really trying to think about scaling down how much I spend on the things I use on a daily basis.

I think the decision to use a drugstore or high end mascara on a daily basis is a very personal decision & if I were in a different place in my life my choices may be different. I'd certainly love to use this mascara as my every day one! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home