<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whentaniatalks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whentaniatalks: Charity Shop Challenge!

Sunday 27 July 2014

Charity Shop Challenge!

Hi Everyone!

I've spent this past week staying with my parents. My Mum gave my sister & I £10 each & the three of us set off with the challenge of who can get the best bargains for their money.

The town we planned to go to, where the best charity shops are located, had an event going on so we decided to avoid the crowds & headed further afield. There were fewer charity shops (only one), but there were still some good sales & great bargains to be found.

My Mum:



My Mum purchased 3 magazines at £1 each. Spending a total of £3.

My Sister:



Chrissy bought 3 head ties from a market stall for £1.99 each. Spending a total of £5.98.

Me:

I spent the most (surprise, surprise!)!



I bought a New Look blouse for £3.25 from a charity shop. When I got home, I found the top 2 buttons were missing. It isn't obvious &, though it will bother me a little, I don't think it's enough to stop me from wearing the blouse. I can always replace the buttons if it really annoys me! I'm usually really good about checking items for wear & tear, but this clearly slipped by me!



I also bought a Loom set for £3.99. I wanted to get one as I enjoy making things, but didn't want to pay shop prices as I don't know how much use I'll get from it. I found this on one of the market stalls. It'll also be a fun thing to do with my niece when she comes to stay.

I spent a total of £7.24.

Do you enjoy thrift & charity shop shopping?
What's the best bargain you've got?
Who do you think 'won' our challenge & what's your favourite item?

Tania Xx

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3 August 2014 at 00:09 , Blogger Gemma Etc. said...

This is such a cute/fun idea! I've never done anything like this before, but I really fancy trying it now :D xx

Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

 
At 3 August 2014 at 10:53 , Blogger Tania said...

You really should Gemma! We had a great time - just a shame we couldn't go where we had planned, but there's always next time! Xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home